I would like to do the following to ChildApp

IN:
class ChildApp:
                                                                             Change
init to:
    def __init__(self, app, stderrname='stderr', stdoutname='stdout',
debug_name=None, doeslogging=0):

what this would allow would be for me to use ChildApp in the command.py
class and have the names of the childapp output file.

we can then add another member to the class to hold whether to log which
would be set if CHILDAPP_DEBUG is set or doeslogging > 0.

we would also have to change Read_Thread to also accept this argument in
its init too.

Then its an open question whether or not to add the extra nonblocking
read stuff we have in command.py to Read_Thread. This may also have a
side effect of curing some of the studdering of mplayer that some users
have seen in freevo that they don't see when mplayer is run from the
command line.

My eventual goal is to use something to be able to have people launch
things like firebird and have them work without having to create a whole
new plugin for applications.

Am I nuts or is this a good idea?

--
Mike Ruelle