Hi,

maybe someone remember me occasionally discussing ways of connecting Freevo
to other programs. I usually cook ideas until they are optimal for
implementation :-)

My last idea is to use xmlrpc. Since it is already in Freevo for record
server maybe this could be optimal way. I'd like to connect Freevo with
Misterhouse. I'd like to transfer following data:
- Misterhouse would send home automation menus for Freevo to show in main
menu under "House Control"
- Freevo could send xmlrpc requests for data for idelbar plugins
(temperatures, status)
- Misterhouse could send live data to Freevo (status of home devices,
temperatures, events, messages to display in mplayer or Freevo OSD,
reminders, email status etc...)
- Misterhouse could make Freevo to do things (like when there is visitor -
Freevo could switch to frontdoor webcam)...

There are probably some other ideas also, but I'm mostly interested in
cleanest and easiest general way to incorporate this into Freevo. Since I'm
more or less newbie to Python and Freevo some additional advice and pointer
where to start (are there some skeleton codes for plugins ?) and probably
some more help on Freevo side of connection would be more than welcome.

Regards,

Robert.