--- Michael Ruelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
> On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 18:44, Aubin Paul wrote:
> > > 13, Will it ever be possible to add some nice winamp:ish effects
> to freevo ?
> > > Would be pretty sweet to have a musically controlled background
> > > animation and have the HUD alpha shaded on top of it. (think
> tripex3 for
> > > winamp)
> >
> > I imagine it could be done, but most of us implement what we need
> > first, before we look for stuff. I've never seen a need for those,
> but
> > some people will, and will implement them.
> >

> Gustavo (k-s in irc) looked at doing some visualization plugins with
> goom and mplayer in the past. I know it is definitely old now but not
> sure where he left it.

   It was working all right. It's made with 2 parts: a patch to mplayer
that exports the sound (the export audio filter in mplayer, see "man
mplayer"; and the second part is the app to display the data (MPAV =
MPlayer Audio Visualization)
   The main problem that time was that my patch to mplayer was not
integrated, but it was a long time ago and it's in pre3.
   The other problem is that my app was only a proof-of-concept, it
works but it's not that optimized (anyone with wider thread programming
experience?) and it's not made from plugins, just uses GOOM, but it's
easy to make plugin-able. Another problem is that GOOM requires some
parameters to be defined in the Makefile (anyone that knows
automake/autoconf to help here?)

   The app can be controled using stdin using --slave mode, it can even
display text using some commands. It uses SDL.
   As it's split in 2 and the filter doesn't aggregate any [noticeable]
load to mplayer, you can always have mplayer to export it's buffers and
turn the MPAV when user press a choosen key, then kill the program when
the user pressed that key again. (The only problem here is to devices
like DXr3 and FB, which you need to release SDL from freevo, like we do
with MPlayer/Xine).

   Ah, it takes a lot of CPU (goom's fault), probably we need to use
some double pixel cheat, like WMP does.

   Here's a screenshot: http://gsbarbieri.sytes.net/mpav.jpg
   And here's the code: http://gsbarbieri.sytes.net/mpav-0.0.1.tar.bz2

I hope it still compiles!