Hi,

sorry for the late answer.

"Karee Brown" wrote:
> I am new to this list, but not to Freevo. I have been hacking on it for
> approximately six months now and finally decided some of my stuff was
> good enough to give back the community. I have attached multiple diffs
> that should apply cleanly to Freevo 1.4.1 (and most likely 1.4.0).

CVS changed some code, so it may be difficult to apply the patches.

> ** freevo-monotoraspect.diff - plugin that allows you to set the monitor
> aspect for mplayer. Useful if you have a 16:9 TV

Since you don't change the output all the time, isn't it easier to
just set the parameter to mplayer in the local_conf? Or am I missing
something here?

> ** freevo-imdb_lookup_fix.diff - fix for changes that imdb.org made to
> their website recently that broke IMDB lookups

I made the fix in cvs some days ago, but yours look better. Thanks.

> ** freevo-irremote.diff - breaks out irremote support out of rc.py and
> puts it into a plugin of its own. Has nice side effect of allowing
> repeated commands to be received by freevo consistently. Previously
> repeated commands sent via LIRC would be processed very sporadically.
> Currently breaks network remote control - If time permits I plan to put
> this into a similar plugin in the future.
> ** freevo-ivtv_mencoder_record.diff - I was having trouble with the
> default recording plugin dying for the IVTV cards. I modified the
> existing plugin to use mencoder instead of simply reading directly from
> the video device for a set time. Allows you to save to raw mpeg file
> dumps generated via the TV card or re-encode real-time to avi if your pc
> if fast enough. Could be modified in the future to allow selection of
> record quality.
> ** freevo-joystick.diff - modified to allow binding of commands to
> multiple axis and to allow simultaneous use of joystick in freevo and
> the games freevo supports.

Rob, can you take a look at these?

> ** freevo-dvdbackup.diff - plugin originally based off of the cdbackup
> plugin to allow backup of individual DVD titles to AVI's in the
> background. Supports selection of audio language, subtitle backup,
> copying of FXD files and associated images, and multiple user
> configurable quality settings. Has preliminary support for splitting
> backup into CD sized files.

Maybe that's something you can put at the addons page on the
homepage. My idea is to have more external plugins, one big advantage
is that the author can update the plugin everytime.

> ** freevo-xine_multiple_dvd_drive.diff - I have a DVD burner and reader
> in same system. Xine would only play DVD's from the drive pointed to by
> /dev/dvd. If I wanted to backup a DVD with one drive and watch a DVD
> from the other I had to make sure I did the backup from the DVD reader.
> I made this small patch to get around this limitation.

cvs already supports this.

multitasking = screwing up several things at once