>From the xml.

stoposd element tells freevo to get out of the way
spawwm element tells freevo to start/stop an x11 window manager while
app is running (obviously you must be running X for this)

>From the local_conf.py:
COMMAND_SPAWN_WM -- how to start your window manager
COMMAND_KILL_WM -- how to stop your window manager

examples:

for ratpoison:
COMMAND_SPAWN_WM = 'ratpoison &'
COMMAND_KILL_WM = 'ratpoison -c quit'

for metacity (gnome default wm):
COMMAND_SPAWN_WM = 'metacity &'
COMMAND_KILL_WM = 'killall metacity'

As for your application problem. Try running a few different apps, to
see if this is application specific. I have tested with MozillaFirebird,
RealPlayer, and a few other apps. I have never tested with MythTv(It
freezes my machine hard and i have to manually reset) although someone
has made a plugin to use mythtv as the tv app for freevo. he was on irc
working with dischi a few weeks ago.

--
Mike Ruelle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]