Just thought we should follow up on this roadmap to see where we are.

Items 1 and 2 are done...
The background work for 3 and 4 are done but I still think we should
wait for 1.5 to be done before integrating them.

Perhaps we should do a release candidate?

The only thing I would like to see is configurable support for the
CHUP/CHDOWN stuff Gustavo and I were talking about.

As of right now, I have no outstanding issues that I'm aware of...

Aubin

----- Forwarded message from Aubin Paul -----

1) The detachbar plugin is completely hardcoded; I think we need a
idlebar version, and some way of skinning the detachbar besides
setting the font. The x,y location is hardcoded in the plugin.
Personally, I would rather have it show up in the idlebar rather than
reserving the bottom portion of the screen as well as the top.

2) All skins should be tested... the ones there now work ok, but if
Gustavo wants his skins back in, they should work in the TV guide

3) Even though the code is in place to log favourites and stuff for
music, there is no way to generate playlists automatically. This would
involve a new playlist format and extended playlist.py with some type
of "query" XML, I think this should wait post-1.5 because it affects a
few things.

4) SQLite backend for mmpython... this should definitely wait as it
isn't a small undertaking, and I'd like to make sure we do it right.
Even XMLTV could be put into SQLite for very fast searching. The only
thing we need to put into the overlay with sqlite working would be
images... everything else could be cached...

Aubin

----- End forwarded message -----