On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 02:13, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to fix bugs reported by Mike and you know, dig a problem, find
> lot of them.
>
> 1) Favorites doesn't support non-ascii names (at least not in unicode).
> The error is when communicating to the server.
> tv.record_client.findProg() masks the error in the general except
> clause. Please could some of you guys check this and  come with a
> solution? I don't know twisted internals.

We have seen this for a while i thought someone submitted a fix where by
we use the persistence layer of twisted (marmalade). To be able to pass
the string object around and not have twisted see it as unicode. Which
it doesn't seem to like. Because if you notice you can schedule programs
to record that have unicode in them. The pass through marmalade is the
difference between the two.

> 2) As said, Favorites doesn't support non-ascii names, so findProg()
> returns a string (error message) as response. Too bad
> edit_favorites.rpy does *NOT* check it and keeps processing... so
> 'prog' is a unicode object instead of a programme and too bad, it has a
> .title (but it's a method), so the crash will occur just deeper in the
> stack, when creating a Favorite().

talk to rob on that one.

> Mike, you said:
> > The next error i can't figure out:
> > exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe1
> > in position 109: ordinal not in range(128)
> >
> > it comes from:
> > 248 def tableCell(self, data='', opts=''):
> > 249    self.res += "    <td "+opts+">"+data+"</td>\n"
> >
> > with data set as:
> > 'S\xe1bado Gigante &raquo;'
>
> It happens there, but I need to know what is calling tableCell(). The
> error there is that your self.res may be in unicode already and you
> give it a string with non-ascii chars (data). Python tries to convert
> data to unicode using the ascii encoding and fails, raising an
> exception. To fix that is just a matter of wrapping data with Unicode()
> when calling tableCell().

it's happening somewhere in guide but the core dump screen isn't
terrible specific. I will go to guide again and try to get the full
error page. and send it to you.

> BTW, where do you live? 'SÃbado gigante' seems portuguese (I'm
> Brazilian).

There are several foreign language channels here. I keep that one since
they play the USA soccer teams matches even when the other sports
networks don't carry them.

--
Mike Ruelle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]