Viggo Fredriksen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Attached is a patch allowing real keyboard text-input.
> It allows plugins to set event-context='text' and recieve unicode
> text from keyboard if config.TEXT_USE_KEYBOARD=1 is set.
>
> Attached is also a new version of the text-input I have for the mail
> plugin which can use both multitap and the new keyboard text-input.

I changed some inside stuff and it would be nice if you could rebuild
your patch. Can you merge the textinput into LetterBoxGroup.py? It
would be cool to have one widget doing all the stuff. As for the
input, osd now knows if we are in INPUT mode, so you won't need the
TEXTINPUT mode. If we are in input mode, should return the key. Maybe
you need some modifications, but it should arrive at the eventhandler
in LetterBoxGroup as event BUTTON with the key as arg.

> Sorry if this is not making sence. I have the worst headache ever and
> can't consentrate on the simplest of tasks! (Probably not a good idea
> to send patches in this state :)

And does this makes sence to you?

A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds
good, and a real one.