Hi all,

My system was having some problems with multiple processes (recordserver, tv_grab, and freevo main) interfering with each other and the handling of TV.xml and TV.xml.pickled. It would often happen that when a new TV.xml was created and one process was busily creating a pickle file for it then another process would also wish to use the guide and decide to create a pickle file as well. Sometimes my system would spin endlessly.

So what I did was add support to epg_xmltv.py to accept an xml file as an argument to get_guide() and load_guide(), and use this in the tv_grab helper. The tv_grab helper now fetches the xml data into a temporary file and lets get_guide/load_guide know about it. The pickle file is created based on the temp file and the final TV.xml and TV.xml.pickled are created at the same time (with the same timestamp property in the pickled guide).

So now recordserver and freevo main will run happily not knowing that tv_grab is updating the guide information and pickle file. Please let me know if there are any problems with this.

Thanks,
-Rob

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _______________________________________________ Freevo-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-devel