Hi,

The build of 1.5-pre1 wasn't too difficult, so I decided to give it a
spin. I have the following observations / bug reports:

1. Automatic local_config.py conversion to the new format tends not to
   work properly. It's still safer to make a copy of the example file
   and go through manually changing the settings on needed variables.

   Symptom: after automatically converting the prefs, while attempting to
   perform a 'freevo cache rebuild', freevo would hang in an infinite loop
   trying to process some of the movies directory. Have to force quit.
   Worse, when trying to access my movies directory under freevo, it'd
   lose the keyboard input and I'd have to kill the process via remote login.

   The manual (compare, cut and paste) conversion process enabled the
   cache rebuild to work properly. I suspect that some definitions /
   sequence conflict between the old and new configuration files.

2. VIDEO_PREFERED_PLAYER has no effect on DVD playback, it still reverts
   to xine unless I do the plugin.remove() and plugin.activate() override.

   Is this expected behavior?

3. When display=x11 but freevo is started in fbdev mode, it is not able
   to play DVDs since it's trying to call xine and not fbxine.

   (BTW, is there any keyboard navigation controls for fbxine DVD menus?)

T.C.
----
Wan Tat Chee (Lecturer)
School of Computer Science, Univ. of Science Malaysia,
11800 USM, Penang, Malaysia.      Rm.625 Ofc Ph: +604 653-3888 x 3617
NRG Lab Admin: +604 659-4757           Rm.601-E Ofc Ph: +604 653-4396
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Web: http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan
GPG Key : http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan/tcw_gpg-20030322.asc
F'print : DCF2 B9B2 FA4D 1208 AD59  14CA 9A8F F54D B2C4 63C7