I made a mistake. The strings read from xml files are unicode strings.

But when the drawstringframed function in osd.py draws the localized strings. They are DBCS string instead of unicode strings. When and where are they converted to non unicode?

Regards,
Zhenxin Li

发件人: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 代表 Zhenxin Li
发送时间: Thursday, June 17, 2004 5:45 PM
收件人: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
主题: [Freevo-devel] No DBCS support???

Hello,

It seems that strings localized to other locales are processed as non unicode strings in the freevo python code. This causes the DBCS strings failed to display.

In xml_skin.py, all strings read from xml files are transformed to non unicode by string.encode. I think it should be string.decode.

Best regards,
Zhenxin Li