Hi,

some comments as I see it:

Robert Rozman wrote:
Hi,

I'll ad my 2 cents what features I miss most:
- video conference plugin, maybe Gnomemeeting integration (chatting over
video or audio only will be sooner or later feature that will be "must to
have"...)

Sure it's a nifty feature, but it's probably a very hard to implement. First - when you use existing product, you'll probable end up tied to x11 screen device, which is not very desirable. Second - it's very hard and expensive to develop and test, but at the end you may be stuck with some specific hardware... It's definitely something I'd like, but I don't see it too close. Same with IP telephony etc.

- touchscreen support (my wife likes Freevo GUI very much and is kind of
disapointment when I tell her that Freevo for touch screen is not an
option) - I know that this is a lot of work, but will tell anyway.

I think it's not so hard to implement, most of touchscreens emulates mouse, but I don't know about anyone who has the hardware to test it :-(

- voice emails - it's simple idea (I saw this first time on 3Com Audrey)
that my wife liked from the start. It's only wav attachment of normal
email - we just need a simple code that will offer wav playback on receive
and wav record on sending - this would be much more practical than dealing
with text input plugins for user to type emails and other things ...

I already thought about this, I forgot to mention it before. I think it's easy to do, it'll be very nice. I'll try to dig out some spare voice modem...

- preview of video source on screen - when I browse videos, little preview
window could show selected video - same will apply for security web cameras
- possibility to do some configuration through GUI (particularly plugin
control and also chance to update/add/remove plugins through GUI)

- I don't have recent version of Freevo (so maybe this is already in) - but
would:
    - like to display some messages from PBX and Home automation system on
screen when watching videos/DVDs with Mplayer...

I dont know if it's possible to pass an external message to mplayer to display it... if it's there, it could be simple.

    - like to separate data retrieving and data showing plugins - so one can
customize more easily and user's won't have to wait for data retrieval when
they would only like to display data.... Also Python based serialization for
objects is kind of limitation, cause there is no easy way to provide data
for GUI display from other languages (perl has great repository for all
kinds of data grabbers )...

Also one question:
- is it possible to write plugins in some other languages (Perl, shell) ?

Don't get me wrong, but I still use combination of Freevo and Mythtv - each
has some strong and some weak points...

I will also thank all contributors and whole Freevo community for great time
talking about and running Freevo ...

Regards,

Robert.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jiri Kulhan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>