"Mick" wrote:
>> Bad example because the recordserver works different. You can use
>> rc.post_event for sending events (grep the source for it). But you
>> still need someone catching it and do something.
>>
> Almost off topic.. But can an event be posted with a variable?  Like can
> CAPTURE_START / STOP event be sent with content like filename/pid/chanel etc
> of capture?  I think it wouldmake sense..

An event is an Object from event.Event. This can have an arg, e.g.
foo = Event('EVENT_NAME', arg=2)

If you compare events with events (or with strings), the arg is
ignored. So you can

if foo == 'EVENT_NAME':
   print foo.arg

Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not the
opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men that have
been following him all day.