Freevo always had rather bad contrast/brightness output with my Matrox
G400 max. I found out at
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2003-January/004730.html that
it is easy to change that with the following commands which seem to
work fine for most people:

matrox 0x0e 0x3f # sets the black level
matrox 0x1e 0xcf # sets the white level
matrox 0x22 0x76 # sets the hue

Could they be appended at the end of contrib/fbcon/mgafb ?

Or can we add a generic TV/out contrast/brightness script in
/etc/freevo/local_conf.py ?

Zeratul
PS: DVD detection in 1.5.1 is finally superb, rock solid, great work !