Viggo Fredriksen wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2004 19:05, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> Maybe you need to link against imlib2 since you are using it.
>
> I did, but it was the `Image_PyObject_Type` from pyimlib2 that messed up.
>
>> > If someone wants to solve/test it, I attached a patch against cvs.
>>
>> I would love to, but
>>
>> [errors cut]
>>
>> Dischi
>
> Hehe, that's not good! Seems like libvisual can't init it's inputs and actors
> correctly. I used libvisual-0.1.6 and libvisual-plugins-0.1.6. If that isn't
> the problem, I've definately done something weird :)

Ah, I only installed libvisual, no plugins. Now it's working. I tried
to use the imlib2 memcpy idea .. and failed. The strange problem here:
you need to set depth to 32 (because imlib has RGBA). When you do
that, the image can't be blended to another, very strange. This also
works (not) when you don't use the imlib2 idea: set the depth to 32,
create a new imlib2 image. This has the visual effect (you can see
that by putting it to pygame). Whe I draw this image to a new one, the
image is gone. The only idea I have here is that alpha is always 0 and
I have no idea how to change that.

The Romans didn't find algebra very challenging, because X was always
10.