I've noticed when using the vdr-xine plugin, freevo is visible in the
background.  However, when using the xine plugin for watching media,
it is not..

I've checked childapp and can see the STOP_OSD tag, but what I don't
understand is that the xine/mplayer plugins aren't using this to hide
the OSD.  How do they hide the osd?  Or does it have to do with the
type of plugin (being video plugins instead of main menu??)

I've tried setting STOP_OSD to true/1 in vdr-xine but this results in
a pygame parachute..  I'll post the parachute if anyone wants..
However, I'd really like for vdr-xine to emulate the function of the
video plugins..  Any ideas how?

Mick