Martijn Voncken wrote:
> -ape-tag parsing in mmpython --> I must send in a patch but
> apev2tag.py has changed recently,i have to make a new good patch
> again.

What is ape-tag?

> -all possible mp3 tags (including user defined) like album_artist
> (foobar2000) should be in the meta database.

I'm not sure how. There is a pickled database with all tags, but it is
not sqlite. You can browse this, but it is directory only. And it
would cost a lot of memory to keep the whole db in RAM for searching.

> -data like like rating and play_counter should be written to mp3 tags-tags
> The meta database should be a cache of the real data , and may never
> contain any new data (right now play_counter and rating are in the
> sqlite-db but not in the tags)

But maybe you can't write to the mp3 files, like for files on disc or
network shares.

> -when bug  #1170064 is fixed (just rename audio/plugins/playlist.py to
> something else) is fixed i will make a freevo CVS compatible  version
> of audio_album_tree.

I want to remove playlist.py and put the stuff to shopping_cart.py. It
is more or less the same. You add items to the cart and we could add a
'create playlist' option. So for testing, just remove playlist.py in
audio. And a better way would be to remove the add path stuff in
freevo and move all imports to complete imports, e.g. 'import config'
would be 'from freevo import config'.

> -I did some test in comparing an unindexed sqlite database to a python
> list of dicts(or objects) and the speed(after loading into memory) of
> a python pickle/marshall is higher than unindexed sqlite db.

Yea. I had the idea of a nice sqlite db for all metadata. It was
slow. Right now I have one pickled file for each dir.

The future ain't what it used to be.