On 5/23/05, Martijn Voncken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Hello all,
>
> >I was thinkig about a way to add live TV to mplayer/freevo, now have
> >this idea and I want your opinions on it.
>
> Hi Wander,
> I like your idea, it sounds easier to install/use than an mplayer patch.
> it only works for ivtv though ,but i own a ivtv card, so i won't complain;-).

I think you might even get it to work with software encoding if you do
something like this:

mencoder tv:// -tv
"channel=$CHANNEL:width=768:height=576:outfmt=I420:alsa:driver=v4l2"
-vop scale=640:480,pp=md,crop=756:566:6:8 -vc rawi420 -oac mp3lame
-lameopts mode=3:abr:br=96 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg:vbitrate=6000 | ringbuffer | mplayer

(this is from my current software-encoding setup, let me know if
anyone is intrested in the complete script)

Well, I think that I have some more hacking to do, given the two
positive reactions.
I just hope I can make enough free time, I've been very busy lately

Best regards,
Wander.