Hi,

we have a problem. I created a new repository kaa and two modules
inside: imlib2 and thumb. Thumb is a subdirectory in kaa because I
plan to add more files to it later. But after installing, there is no
__init__.py in kaa, only in kaa/thumb. Without one, you can't import
kaa.thumb. I fixed this by creating a fake __init__.py and put it into
the kaa dir.

But a package manager for a distro may remove that file. Here an
example:

distro-install kaa-imlib2 - we now have kaa/__init__.py
distro-install kaa-thumb  - we have a new kaa/__init__.py
distro-delete kaa-thumb   - kaa/__init__.py is gone

Except ignoring this problem, I only see one option: do not use a
subdir kaa and put all our modules in a subdir:
site-packages/kaa-imlib2/ and site-packages/kaa-thumb

I don't like it, but I see no way around this problem. And if we do
this, shouldn't we rename the src dir to the module name like most
python modules do? So it would be

kaa/imlib2/setup.py
kaa/imlib2/kaa-imlib2/*.[ch]
kaa/imlib2/kaa-imlib2/*.py

We would still use 'bin' for scripts. Maybe use src for c and h files
to create so files and ka-<name> for the py files.

Ideas?

recursive
  see: recursive
        -RfC 1983