On Tuesday 13 September 2005 10:38, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Won't work. The priority is important for the calculation which card
> too choose. The best card you can have is DVB-C, that's why it has a
> priority of 10. A priority of 0 is a very very bad card (not much
> better than dropping the recording).
>
> I suggest ivtv cards to use a priority of 6 or 7 (set a default for
> all cards to 7 and the user can adjust it) and for normal analog cards
> to 4 or 5.

Just as a side note, I found my ivtv recordings from cable TV to be of much
better quality than (lower bitrate) terrestrial DVB.  Most people seem to be
thinking that digital TV is always better.

(That doesn't mean that I want different default priorities - I could still
change them for me personally.)

Greetings,
  Hans