On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 05:17:43PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:

> xine-ui sucks, we have a python wrapper right now, making it possible
> only to have the windows itself, nothing more.

Does xine support audio processing? I use mplayer with some audio processing
to expand stereo audio to an emulation of 5.1 and apply range compression
with ladspa plugins and it works very well.
If xine does not support that I think i'll have to do the same at Alsa level
in /etc/asound.conf but the last time I tried it was very hard to do.

By the way. If someone wants to take a look at the script I use to start
mplayer with freevo follow the link

http://helvete.escomposlinux.org/~gorka/files/misoft/freevo/

I use the wrapper for mplayer because Freevo 1.5 does not support different
mplayer options for different audio channels. I hope Freevo 2.0 will
support that. It's great to hear stereo or mono TV from all the speakers
and with a fake subwoofer. Stereo MP3 sound great too with the extra bass :-)