Dirk Meyer wrote:

Hi,

with Tack gone for some weeks, Soenke gone until May and Rob also busy
right now, the Freevo 2.0pre1 release will move from spring to summer
2006. The list for things to do is long, we still need some basic
pieces of code. Freevo isn't that huge monster anymore you can't
understand, we split it into several modules and using kaa gives us
small independed parts. I also have something to do for non Python
coder.
Here is a small list. If you want to help, just drop me a note what
you want to do. If you don't find anything in this list, also drop me
a note and I will write more stuff:

o A small C or C++ app (no python code) that reads an analog tv device
 (/dev/video) and transforms it into mpeg2, mpeg1 or nuppelvideo. You
 can use a lib you want, like ffmpeg. I will integrate it nto
 kaa.record if you can't do that.

o A small C or C++ app (no python code) to read the vbi device
 (/dev/vbi) and provide station identifier, closed caption, VPS and
 stuff like that. I started with using libzvbi, but I'm not happy
 with it. I will integrate it into kaa.record later.
Actually what's not okay with zvbi?

In the test directory there is a program called capture that will dump vps, wss, teletext etc.

Cheers,
Duncan

o Make kaa.epg2 work. See kaa/WIP/epg2/TODO for a list of things we
 need. This is python code only and has only some deps to kaa.base,
 nothing more.

o Fix DirectFB support in Evas. The last time we checked, the evas dfb
 support was broken. It has nothing to do with freevo or kaa, it is
 hacking the evas code of enlightenment. If you want to help, I can
 provide the bugs we have. C code.

o Fix mpeg seeking in libxine. Also C code. Xine can't seek in out
 mpeg files because of some bad code in xine. There is a bugfix from
 Hans-Juergen, but xine needs a better seek code. I can provide more
 details or you can read xine-devel about the problem.

o Update kaa.record DVB code to work with DVB-S and DVB-C. We also
 need support for a CAM to watch encrypted channels.

Thanks