Karl Lattimer wrote:
> After reading the shortcut to random music message I had some thoughts.
>
> Imagine if you could go into your music folder in freevo and select,
> "play romantic music" or "play party music", it would be great if you
> could use meta tags to tag your music into virtual playlists. This I
> suppose is the idea of f-spot for pictures. It would also be good if
> you could play genre's and artists. As I store all my music in Artist/
> Album folders I'd like to be able to use the track metadata to browse
> my music, for instance all tracks from 1995 or newest album by a
> certain artist. Metadata could also allow us to easily implement the
> highlighting of new items.
>
> I suppose basically what I'm saying is there is a million ways to
> browse and play music, and metadata gives you a great way of
> categorising items without them becoming too rigid.

Sorry for the late answer. Yes, tagging is nice and will be possible
with the new vfs code you already saw but that is not in Freevo
yet. The problem I see is how to add tags. I don't want to tag my
whole media db. Stuff like pandora is nice, but I don't see a free
version of that.

Beta. Software undergoes beta testing shortly before it's released.
Beta is Latin for 'still doesn't work.'