On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 11:39 -0400, Rob Shortt wrote:
> I would prefer something more like 2, but I don't think mbus is suitable
> for EPG data is it?  I really like the behaviour of kaa.ipc right now,
> the only problem we have right now is security.  I don't think we should

kaa.ipc does support authentication, and although the ipc code itself is
kind of convoluted (because it does to quite a lot of trickery and
requires some hefty python-fu), I carefully crafted the authentication
code to minimize its exposure with ipc internals and where it does, it's
rather well documented and well defined.

In fact the auth part of kaa.ipc is the only part of that thing with any
code documentation. :)

So kaa.ipc does have security in the form of authentication.  But there
is no encryption.  With some very small changes, kaa.ipc could be
adapted to use m2crypto to use ssl.  Or perhaps it could happen at a
completely separate level and something like sslredir
(sault.org/sslredir) could be used.

Jason.