Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 14:11 -0600, Chris Lack wrote:
>> Would it be acceptable to use an sqlite database within the games plugin?
>
> I think it's okay to catalog games this way from within the plugin.  But
> you should use kaa.db rather than sqlite directly.  I wonder if
> something like this could at all make use of the vfs.  dischi?

This cries for kaa.vfs. It would be posible to store metadata to an
item and search based on the metadata. The problem is that I don't
have that much time these days so kaa.vfs is still not integrated. But
IIRC rom drive support is last major thing on the todo list, inotify
is nice to have but it works without. So maybe kaa.vfs will be
integrated into freevo in March.

But what you can do is provide the metadata. I don't know how you get
it right now, but kaa.metadata (mmpython) is the way to go here. Maybe
you can add more parser to /kaa/metadata/src/games/. take a look at
the existing parser to see how it is done and you need to register the
parser to the factory.py

Feel free to ask questions about it. IMHO better games metadata
parsing should be in kaa.metadata to make sure kaa.vfs has everything
it needs to do the stuff you want.

Students nowadays, complaining they only get 5MBs of disk space! In my
day we were lucky if we had one file, and that was /dev/null.