On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 15:35 +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> checks to prevent it. But maybe we should think about signals from
> inotifier: what do we need and what is not (I guess CREATE is not
> needed because of MODIFY).

In my first implementation of inotify (when I used ioctls) I had it eat
the MODIFY event after a CREATE.  I guess I could do this again, but it
really shouldn't hurt anything if beacon is doing things properly.  That
is, it shouldn't add stuff unless it gets a CREATE event.

I looked at the code you just added and your new code just made a lot of
things O(n).  I don't know the beacon code very well, so maybe this
suggestion doesn't apply, but maybe you could maintain a dict keyed on
filename and just check that to see if there are any dupes, rather than
iterating through the whole thing.

Jsaon.