On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 15:29 +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> gtk_idle_add is something different. BTW, we should also rename our
> idle signal to maybe step.

Hmm, I see what you mean.

Or possibly have both.  We do need a step signal, particularly for the
canvas auto-render feature, we need to be able to render the canvas
after some callback has modified it.

But "idle" does have its uses.  When we want something to happen every
now and then, but don't care about being guaranteed when.  We could fire
that signal if there's been no socket activity or timers going off.  I
guess we'd need to get that information somehow from notifier.  It could
be emitted from the step signal.

If you want to s/idle/step/g for now, that's fine with me.