Bugs item #1606699, was opened at 2006-12-01 12:22
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by duncanwebb
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=446895&aid=1606699&group_id=46652

not just the latest update.
Category: video
Group: 1.6.1

Initial Comment:
if you have a unichrome system (possibly an EPIA board) put this in
your local_conf.py in the mplayer section and apply the patch. It tells
freevo to use the vo device "xvmc:deint-bob" with option "-vc
ffmpeg12mc and delay the audio by 0.1 sec to compensate vor the video
processing" when playing mpeg2 (the bob deinterlace option I found to be
necessary, it will play with less CPU usage without it but the image
will be flickery sometimes, so you may try simply "xvmc" if you want
even less CPU usage). For all other movies it will use "xvidix" using a
different kind of hardware acceleration.

MPLAYER_VO_DEV_HWACCEL = "xvmc:deint-bob"
MPLAYER_HWACCEL_SUFFIX=["mpeg","mpg","vob"]
MPLAYER_VO_DEV = "xvidix"
MPLAYER_VO_DEV_OPTS_HWACCEL='-vc ffmpeg12mc -delay 0.1'

of course as well as having "mpeg","mpg","vob" in the
VIDEO_MPLAYER_SUFFIX list.

and put
colorkey=0x000000
 in your .mplayer/config (it always failed when I tried to put it on the
command line but this works too)

and put
libviaXvMC.so.1
in /etc/X11/XvMCConfig

This was tested with mplayer 1.0pre6 and 1.0rc1. Note audio bug unrelated to
unichrome in mplayer 1.0rc1 which is fixed in mplayer svn.