On 12/30/06, Justin Wetherell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12/30/06, Justin Wetherell < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've done a quick hack for duplicate detection, if you want ro run with
> > the idea.
> >
> > Attached is the diff.

Thanks, looks like a good starting point. One thing I'd considered is
identifying *upcoming* duplicates as well as historical ones, and not
scheduling the same programme twice. If the first one doesn't get
recorded for whatever reason, the regular call to schedulefavorites
will pull in the new one.

So you've (partially) solved the problem of *previous* duplicates,
with the problem of *upcoming* duplicates still to look at (although
this should be trivial).

> Now that I think of it, we really need a new flag on the program class to
> allow duplicates. I know some shows (like soap operas) have the same
> title, sub_title, and description and we would need to over-ride my new
> code.

Agreed, an extension to the favourite editing screen?

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.bleb.org/