Hi,

Tanja wrote:
> I am working on a extension to the webserver,
> which let the user edit his/her webradio.fxd file.

Freevo 1.x or 2.x?

> I started with kaa.xml for the parsing of the fxd file,
> but I had to do a lot of hacking to get the functions I
> need.

Kaa.xml is more or less the same as libxml2. Some parts are still
missing. The reason for the rewrite of the wrapper is that kaa.xml
uses unicode and libxml2 uses utf-8 string objects.

> Then I fell over BeautifulSoup and ElementTree.  Both seem more
> suited for what I need.

BeautifulSoup is for parsing maybe not well formed data. It is good
for HTML files, but for fxd files it could be easier.

> I wonder what would be the most freevoish way to do the parsing.

I prefer libxml2 (kaa.xml) right now. For parsing freevo 2.0 has a
module in core called fxdparser.py. It helps you parse a file. 1.x has
a similar file in utils.

> What is the status of kaa.xml anyway? Is it stable?

It is stable. And for doc try libxml2 doc. But the doc isn't much
better. Search freevo.ui or kaa.metadata how to use kaa.xml.

This signature is temporarily under construction