Pascal Schirrmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using the web server from freevo, if a file contains an UTF-8 char, then
> the display is good in the main screen (for instance in the Recorded TV
> screen, if the file is in this dir.
> Clicking on the filename, the UTF-8 file are badly interpreted with
> firefox (1.5.0.8 on Linux, and 2.0.1 on Windows). They are correctly
> printed on Internet Explorer 7.

What you need to do here is use wget --http-user=xxx --http-password=yyy
"http://link/to/page"; then check that the correct encoding has been
reported in the header, I think that you will find that it is utf-8.
Then look for the incorrect text and see if it is a unicode character or
a &nnn; code.

The &nnn; codes are not being correctly interpreted by BeautifulSoup and
I have report the bug upstream but had no response.

If the header is correct and the character is correct then it's a
problem with your linux configuration or a browser bug.

Duncan