Sorry but I was having some queue issues, this is a more finished version.
Patched against 1.7 svn.

On 1/10/07, Justin Wetherell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ok, got a working copy. If anyone would like to give it a try and let me
know how well it works for your cable company. It's built against 1.7 svn.

Attached in the tarball:
tar -xvf commercialDetection.zip
src/commdetectcore.py
src/helpers/commdetectserver.py
src/video/commdetectclient.py
commdetect.patch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/src/freevo-1.7# patch -p1 < commdetect.patch

You can start the server with: ./freevo commdetectserver start

After a scheduled recording has finished, it'll automatically be queued to
make a edl file generated.

You will also need to add the following to you local_conf:
REMOVE_COMMERCIALS = True

P.S. Duncan, could you take a look; i'd like to eventually get this into
the current SVN and want to know if it's upto snuff.