Howdi Hi.

Yesterday someone showed me the 3D desktop effects that are in X at
the moment (i think he was using gentoo, gnome).  He shoed me things
like

- 3D wobbling and stretching of the desktop and windows.  Something to
do when your on the phone chatting is grab your window and woble it
around.  Kind of like doodling.  Pointless but it can look nice.
- 3D screen rotations.  So if you have a desktop setup with 4 virutal
desktops, you hold down some magic keys and move the mouse around at a
cube with all th screens as sides is rotating in front of your very
eyes.

Now, I thinks to myself.  How cool would it be if freevo could make
use of some of these features..  Like for example at the end of a
movies the movies wobbles before it shrinks away..  Or, when we
"click" play  on an item, the freevo screen "cubes" itself, rotates to
the dvd menu or similar, and then "uncubes" onto that item/video in
play mode?

Wow that would be cool ;-).

Now I bet you all knew about that 3D stuff but I didn't.  :(.

Mick