I think it's time for bed... too many replies,

Rob Shortt wrote:
> Rob Shortt wrote:
>> #3  0xb784f2fb in __imlib_CreateImage (w=976, h=976, data=0x3d0) at
>
>> I don't know where that w=976, h=976 is comming from, we only have an
>> 800x600 surface and background heree - could be why it's crashing.
>
> I just did a cvs update and rebuild / install of imlib2 and now it looks
> saner but still crashing in the same place:
>
> #0  0xb7ed0060 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
> #1  0xb7ed1c4f in malloc () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
> #2  0xb78e2b53 in __imlib_ProduceImage () at image.c:145

Line 145 is:

im = malloc(sizeof(ImlibImage));

in this context:

/* create an image data struct and fill it in */
ImlibImage         *
__imlib_ProduceImage(void)
{
    ImlibImage         *im;

    im = malloc(sizeof(ImlibImage));
    memset(im, 0, sizeof(ImlibImage));
    im->data = NULL;
    im->file = NULL;
    im->real_file = NULL;
    im->key = NULL;
    im->flags = F_FORMAT_IRRELEVANT | F_BORDER_IRRELEVANT |
F_ALPHA_IRRELEVANT;
    im->loader = NULL;
    im->next = NULL;
    im->tags = NULL;
    return im;
}

What could be wrong there??  I don't think it's trying to allocate too
much memory (16x22 image).

I will hit this again in the morning, comments welcome.

-Rob