Hi,

Soenke told me not to promisse anything I can't keep, but I'm sure I
can. Yesterday the switch to the new config style was finished and
this was the last step for a stable 2.0 API. If you want to help
development, you could start writing plugins for 2.0 and send them to
the list. As a start, there are some plugins I broke the last weeks,
the are in the WIP/broken_plugins directory and will not be
installed. It would be nice if some people will start developing for
2.0 now.

Did I wrote the API is stable. Well, that is not 100% true. The gui
subsystem will need an update once kaa.cnady is done. Tack: can you
give me a timeline when we can expect it or how I can help? But if
your plugin does not need any special gui code, it will survive that
change. If not, I promise not to move plugins to the broken_plugins
dir anymore and will update any plugins in case it will be needed.

As for using 2.0, most of the code is stable. The tv part is missing a
lot of features, the games system is in broken plugins but the rest
should work.

List of missing features:

o Freevo only works on X11 right now. The problem is not Freevo
  itself, it is kaa.popcorn our video player. Patches welcome.

o Watch TV does not work, but you can schedule recordings and watch
  later. The tvserver is finished, the tv device module will get an
  update soon based on gstreamer. Soenke and I are working on it.

o DVD support is broken sometimes. This will be the next on my todo
  list.

o The following plugins are in broken_plugins and need some care. Some
  more than others:

  - audio.cdbackup.py: port the encoding server to 2.0?

  - video.imdb.py, audio.coversearch.py: the logic behind this should
    go into an extra kaa module.

  - audio.playlist.py

  - audio.radioplayer.py

  - audio.radio.py

  - command.py

  - df.py: make it an idlebar plugin?

  - freevo-rendezvous.py

  - freevoscreensaver.py

  - games

  - gphoto.py

  - headlines.py

  - icecast.py

  - input.bluetooth.py

  - input.dfbevents.py: assigned to Rob

  - input.event_device.py: assigned to Rob

  - mixer.py, ossmixer.py: should be one volctl plugin.

  - tv.irsend_echostar.py

  - tv.irsend_generic.py

  - tv.manual_record.py

  - tv.scheduled_recordings.py

  - tv.view_favorites.py

  - tv.view_line_in.py (should move to kaa.popcorn)

  - video.bookmarker.py (kaa.popcorn needs to support for seek before
    play)

  - Idlebar plugins. They need gui code, so updaing it has not much
    sense:

    idlebar.cdstatus.py, idlebar.holidays.py, idlebar.mail.py,
    idlebar.MultiMail.py, idlebar.system.py, idlebar.tvstatus.py,
    idlebar.volume.py, idlebar.weather.py

  - The following plugins will be deleted if nobody has a need for
    them (please write a mail why you need the plugin even if you
    don't want to help developing:

    audio.fxmms.py (xmms is dead), audio.logger.py (rating should be
    part of Freevo itself), audio.mplayervbr.py (what does it do?)
    audio.mplayervis.py (kaa.popcorn can do this once we have
    kaa.candy), audio.vux.py, autocolor.py, configuration.py, yac.py,
    tv.xawtv.py (playing will be done by kaa.popcorn), tv.tvtime.py
    (playing will be done by kaa.popcorn)

This is the Time Travelling Agency's answering machine. We're closed
right now but leave a message before the beep and we might have called
you back.