Marcus-
   While it is a nice idea, it is not really a feasible for the same
reasons a Windows port is not. Freevo use some very Linux idioms. It
might be possible to get a fink-ified version of freevo running on a
Mac, but do not believe that a full port would really be worth the
effort. Just a few of the major projects that would need native Mac
versions would be Mplayer, Xine, gstreamer ( for 2.0), xmltv, tvtime
plus a fewother libraries that would need to be tweaked for Mac
idioms.
 On the other hand, it mught be very possible to use kaa lib to make a
native Mac work alike of freevo. I am not sure how much os specific
stuff is in kaa ir how well native Mac apps handle being used as
clients/backends.

Evan