Am Montag, 02. April 2007 17:59:03 schrieb Dirk Meyer:
> Right, that is why I used plugin_pause and plugin_resume. But you
> could not call this functions on applications. So suspend could be an
> idea for a name, but what about resume? Is it pause/resume for
> playback or suspend/resume for ressource handling?
>
> Now it is still easy to fix:
> | find ui/src -name \*.py | xargs egrep '(pause|resume|suspend)'
>
> Another question is: do we need pause/resume in other ways than
> ressource handing? There are events for ir pause/resume.

Yeah, I mentioned them before - they are also for freeing/reallocating a
resource.

Compared with my proposal, I liked your idea of resource_ prefixing, which can
also be used for both plugins and applications.  How about resource_list,
resource_suspend, and resource_resume?

(Although suspend_resource("audio") reads better, a prefix has advantages when
sorting/grouping or for completion in IDEs.)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS