I never thought it was a valid mp3 but I don't think we should force the
extension with a demuxer, just for this type of problem. In fact, it is a
captured asf with wma audio.
|      title:
|    caption:
|       type: asf format
|   language: en-us
|      media: MEDIA_AV
|     artist:
|       mime: video/x-ms-asf
|     length: 0.0
|  copyright:
+-- Audio Track #1

On 5/19/07, Duncan Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Benjamin Zores wrote:
> Duncan Webb a écrit :
>> Justin Wetherell wrote:
>>> I can't seem to play mp3 streams I capture from online streams on FM
>>> radio stations. It comes down to the demuxer added onto the mplayer
>>> command line. I'm not really sure what the demuxer does and why it
>>> doesn't let me player captured streams. Anyone have an insight into
this?

>>> Here is the code in mplayer.py:
>>>     def get_demuxer(self, filename):
>>>         DEMUXER_MP3 = 17
>>>         DEMUXER_OGG = 18
>>>         rest, extension     = os.path.splitext(filename)
>>>         if extension.lower () == '.mp3':
>>>             return "-demuxer " + str(DEMUXER_MP3)
>>>         if extension.lower() == '.ogg':
>>>             return "-demuxer " + str(DEMUXER_OGG)
>>>         if extension.lower () == '.ac3':
>>>             return "-ac hwac3 -rawaudio on:format=0x2000"
>>>         else:
>>>             return ''
>>> Resulting in:
>>> mplayer -slave -autosync 100 -nolirc -nojoystick -autoq 100 -screenw
800
>>> -screenh 600 -fs -vo null -ao alsa -demuxer 17
>>> /opt/media/podcasts/Rnf.Friday_05- 18-07.mp3
>>>
>>> if I remove the demuxer:
>>> mplayer -slave -autosync 100 -nolirc -nojoystick -autoq 100 -screenw
800
>>> -screenh 600 -fs -vo null -ao alsa
>>> /opt/media/podcasts/Rnf.Friday_05-18-07.mp3
>>> everything works fine.
>>>

>>> For now, I'll just give them a non mp3/ogg/ac3 extension; seems to
work.

>> Well did this work before? because the get_demuxer hasn't changed for
at
>> least two years.
>>
>> What does mminfo say about the stream, that it really is mp3?
>
> I'm more concerned about the need to force the demuxer.
> I'm pretty sure libmpdemux/libavformat is much more robust to detect
> which demuxer to use than mminfo.

I suspect that your quite correct and the demuxer is no longer needed
and that it is some history with mplayer not detecting the correct
demuxer or it was to speed up the starting of mplayer.

The mminfo bit is to see if the stream really is an mp3, I suspect not.

Anyway I'll remove this code.

Duncan