Hi,

while waiting for kaa.candy I'm thinking of integrating podcasts into
Freevo. There are some good podcasts out there for both audio and
video. Flickr can also be used as podcast for images. Democracy also
provides RSS feeds. Other sites can be parsed very easy to generate a
feed. So let us call it feed support for audio, video and image.

To make it right I want to discuss some options I see. First of all,
where to put the feeds?

1. Put it in the video/audio/image main menu.
2. Put feed information in the normal directory tree

The second one sounds better to me because you have more control where
the files will come up, the first one may be easier to set up.

I think we can't work around a meta file with the following
information:

1. How often to update? E.g. there is a podcast of a German news show
   you only need to update once a day after a specific time.
2. Download the files or play on demand. The first solution is needed
   for slow sites and if you want to keep stuff on your hd.
3. How many entries? Again for the news show I only need the
   latest. If we download we can keep more entries than the current
   feed has.

Next questions is where to put the logic. If we put everything insite
the filesystem we need beacon to find the meta files. And can also use
beacon to add the entries with the metadata.

Open for discussion!

Boat: A hole in the water surrounded by wood.