That's a pretty good idea; Once I get the ability to download via a
bittorrent client (and sense a finished state), I'll try and get that done

On 7/5/07, John Molohan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Justin Wetherell wrote:
> I am in the middle of writing a Bittorrent search scraper, I know
> there has been much discussion into the legality of this issue [and I
> understand that it will probably prevent it from being included in the
> SVN] but that's not the point of this e-mail. I've successfully
> written a module that represents a bittorrent site which has a filter
> and a list of torrents that meet that filter. I am now in process of
> writing a periodic that will download any "new" results that meet that
> filter. I was looking into using "bittorrent-console" but I need a way
> to know when the torrent is finished, so I can close that download
> process in the periodic. If anyone has any hints, it would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I've attached my current source, if interested.
> freevo/src/torrentsite.py
> freevo/src/torrentperiodic.py
> freevo/src/helpers/torrentserver.py
>
> It is structured and started the same way as the rssserver.

That looks pretty cool. Any chance of getting a search function
included? There's an input method for setting manual recordings so maybe
this could be used for a ui search.

John