I'm normally not too religious about this stuff (anymore) but at the
risk of sounding elitist, I must say that lately things are getting out
of hand, and emails are getting ridiculously formatted.

There is some sense to top-posting and not pruning any of the quoted
text, but there is no justification on a mailing list.  Consequently,
with those of you who don't bother pruning out irrelevant junk in your
email, you end up having 40KB emails where the actual new content of the
email is less than a percent of the overall message size.  (See the
"Commdetect server encoding problems" thread.)

And then you end up having nonsense like:

>                 > > > > > > end user
>                 > > > > > > > > > > can set the mplayer/mencoder
>                 options, either in the
>                 > > > > > > local_config or
>                 > > > > > > > > > > the GUI, is critical. There are
>                 just to many ways to
>                 > > > > build
>                 > > > > > > the
>                 > > > > > > > Mplayer
>                 > > > > > > > > > > package.
>                 > > > > > > > > > >
>                 > > > > > > > > > > Evan
>                 > > > > > > > > > >
>                 > > > > > > > > > >
>                 > > > > > > > > >
>                 > > > > > > >
>                 > > > > > >
>                 > > > > >
>                 > > > >
>                 > > >

I don't particularly care about top-posting anymore, but if you're not
going to reply inline quoting only relevant context (the correct way on
mailing lists), at least take some care to prune the junk from the end
of your emails (where junk includes SF's advertisement, email sigs, and
anything but the most recent email you're replying to).

Thanks,
Jason.