Richard van Paasen a écrit :
> I just submitted a patch at sourceforge with a lot of changes in
> ivtv_xine_tv. The following functionality is added:

Hi,

I just tested your patch and I really think that this is a kind of
enhancement !

But I have a trouble, and some comments.

Please don't see these comments as bad comments : I wouldn't be able to
do the work you did, and I really thank you for your work !

What doesn't work : Your plugin don't try to change the TV standard (
trough 'setstd'). As I receive most channels in SECAM (very common in
France), but also some channels in PAL, this is very annoying. I tried
to borrow some parts of the code in ivtv_record, but wasn't able to to a
complete work. The input change works as expected on my system (PVR150
on Mandriva 2008).

Some suggestions :
It seems to me that a considerable part of the channel selection code
could be the same (or nearly) between ivtv_xine_tv and ivtv_record.
Would it not be better to have a common code ? (I have no clues of the
amount of work, don't kill !)
I had some trouble starting the new plugin because some values weren't
set in my local_conf.py. So the system chose to put None for these
values. I had to find a correct value and I found that annoying, because
the system runs as fine without value.
The two 'offending values' were :
XINE_TV_VO_DEV
XINE_TV_AO_DEV
I think that filtering values like None, and in case of None, simply
removing the options -V None / -A None would be one Headache less.

The text display on screen is great !

Thanks for your work,
Pascal