On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 22:21 +0900, mike lewis wrote:
> If I was a better user I would have cut and paste the output to prove it..

I believe you. :)  I know what the problem is.  It just may not be worth
the effort fixing, so long as we document well enough that you have to
clean out the build/ directory before recompiling.

The problem is the first time you built kaa.display, you didn't have the
imlib2 devel package.  Later you installed it, but when you reran build
in kaa/display it figured there was nothing to do as everything was
already compiled, not realizing that the library situation has changed.

Fixing it will require somewhat retrofitting the build system in
kaa.base.

Cheers,
Jason.