> Hi,
>
> I was watching tv for a while then exited back to the menu, when I went
> to choose 'Listen to Music' I got this traceback:
>
> 2007-11-25 23:57:35,515 ERROR    event callback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/notifier/event.py", line
> 191, in handle
>     handler(event)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/notifier/event.py", line
> 145, in __call__
>     super(EventHandler, self).__call__(event)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/notifier/nf_wrapper.py",
> line 96, in __call__
>     ret = super(NotifierCallback, self).__call__(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kaa/notifier/callback.py", line
> 168, in __call__
>     result = cb(*cb_args, **cb_kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 299, in
> eventhandler
>     traceback.print_exc()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/traceback.py", line 227, in print_exc
>     print_exception(etype, value, tb, limit, file)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/traceback.py", line 124, in print_exception
>     _print(file, 'Traceback (most recent call last):')
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/traceback.py", line 13, in _print
>     file.write(str+terminator)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/config.py", line 129, in
> write
>     sys.__stdout__.write(msg)
> IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error
>
> There was no on screen error and Freevo continued to work perfectly I
> just couldn't access the music menu. The one thing I'd changed was to
> add an entry to my webradio.fxd

While _playing_ with mplayervis I discovered that the traceback on the
screen is different from the traceback in the log files when the code is
in a timer handler.

Also noticed that quite a bit of care has to be taken with Timer handlers,
they have to be explicitly stopped, unlike the poll function that simply
doesn't get called.

I found one potential problem with this and upsoon, the timer may still be
running during shutdown and if stdout has been closed and a print/_debug_
call is in the handler then it could result in a IOError.

I've updated upsoon to cope with this case.

Duncan