"Evan Hisey" wrote:
> Duncan-
>   Here is an odd one for you. I have 2 1.7.5 boxes and while neither
> one of them can figure out what to do with the new Shoot-em Up dvd,
> they fail differently. One box just does not recognize the disk, the
> other mounts but treats like a data disc, then when you try to open
> any of the vobs it can not find them.
>

> mminfo gives :
> /dev/hdc
> |       type: CD
> |    subtype: data
> |      media: MEDIA_DISC
> |       mime: unknown/unknown
> |         id: 2007111503182500SHOOT_EM_UP
> |      label: SHOOT_EM_UP
>

> Also noticed this from libdvdread:
>  libdvdread: Invalid title IFO (VTS_01_0.IFO).
>
> *** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:551 ***
> *** for vtsi_mat->vts_ptt_srpt <= vtsi_mat->vtsi_last_sector ***
[...]

Looks like libdvdread can't parse the DVD structure. There is nothing
kaa.metadata can do about this. Maybe it is some sort of copy
protection on retal discs.

A marriage is always made up of two people who are prepared to swear that
only the other one snores.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)