Hi,

I finally got it working by pointing some environment variables to different
locations (it's a bit ugly, but I couldn't get it to work otherwise):

export OS_CACHEDIR=$HOME/tmp/os-cache
export FREEVO_CACHEDIR=$HOME/tmp/freevo-cache

export OS_STATICDIR=$HOME/tmp/os-static
export FREEVO_STATICDIR=$HOME/tmp/freevo-static

I have different users for freevo development and freevo production version
and they don't have write access to each other's files.

The freevo production version is the 1.7.4 release that comes with Gentoo
portage. It is installed system wide and so is kaa for that version. For the
freevo development version, I installed kaa in ~/lib/pythonx.x/site-packages/
and for freevo I created a link in site-packages to the svn version of freevo.

Richard.