On Fri, Feb 8, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Duncan Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Evan Hisey said the following, on 08/02/2008 06:43:
>
>            if not os.path.isfile(filename):
>               filename = os.path.join(config.IMAGE_DIR, url[8:])
>
>  Good question, it looks like a bit of nonsense to me but because it is
>  so explicit it must have been done for a good reason. I can only guess
>  that it is to remove file:/// from the URI, if this is the case then it
>  has been done badly as it would have been clearer and more reliable if
>  the code had a startswith('file://'). Personally I hardly ever write
>  comments but this is one case that deserves a comment.
>
>  I suspect that the path to the jpeg should be set to something like:
>  '/themes/tuxntosh2/appletux.jpeg' then the [8:] would work. You need to
>  check what has been done in other skins.
The following changes works pretty well.  It also allowed me to make
the TuxnTosh theme a but more portable. The original .fxd had a lot of
hardcoded paths.
      if os.path.isfile(filename):
                _debug_('Found "%s"' % filename, DWARNING)

While does not appear to do much it works pretty well. Things got busy
around here, so my work on the skin got delayed, but I am still
working on it.

Evan