Hi,

has promised to wiza on IRC I started porting the Freevo 2.0 to use
kaa.candy (based on clutter) as GUI engine. The process is not
complete.

While the Freevo trunk should not be used unless you know what you are
doing, this branch should not be used even if you know what you are
doing.

Missing features:

o The idlebar does not respect display sizes, geometry values of the
  idlebar plugins are hard coded for now
o The video player shows no video
o Popup windows are not supported, once they are needed it will crash
o Many animations and XML definitions are still missing
o The osd plugin will crash once it has something to show
o The image viewer only shows the image. No zoom or rotation
o No TV or games support, no recordserver, no webserver

This code should "work" out of the box if you have all kaa modules
installed.  It should not require any additional libraries not already
covered by kaa. You need the following kaa modules:

kaa.base, kaa.beacon, kaa.candy, kaa.display, kaa.imlib2,
kaa.metadata, kaa.popcorn and kaa.xine. All from svn, the latest
releases won't work.

To test the code check out the candy branch:
| svn co svn://svn.freevo.org/freevo/branches/candy

You can install it without hurting your working version of Freevo by
using a prefix:

| python setup.py install --prefix=/some/dir
| /some/dir/freevo

The code is considered stable enough to start porting missing features
from Freevo 1.8 and start writing XML theme files. If you have
questions ask here or join us at #freevo at irc.gnu.org.

have fun

You can rent this space for only $5 a week.