A Mennucc wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am trying the latest SVN; I got backtraces when trying to record, or
> to play, TV channels; the attched patch fixed those. The backtraces were
> like:
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 307, in
> eventhandler
>     app.eventhandler(event)
>   File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/menu.py", line 779, in eventhandler
>     if not isinstance(menu, Menu) and menu.eventhandler(event):
>   File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/tvguide.py", line 229, in eventhandler
>     pi.actions()[0][0](menuw=self.menuw)
>   File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/programitem.py", line 172, in play
>     self.parent.player('tv', self.prog.channel_id)
>   File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/tvmenu.py", line 82, in start_tv
>     p.Play(mode, tuner_id)
>   File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/plugins/mplayer.py", line 83, in Play
>     vg = self.current_vg = self.fc.getVideoGroup(tuner_channel, True)
>   File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/channels.py", line 125, in
> getVideoGroup
>     return config.TV_VIDEO_GROUPS[group]
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> adding some print statements, I saw that getVideoGroup was called with
> chan=19, and was setting group=-19

Hi Andrea,

I won't apply the patch as it doesn't achieve the goal. The idea is if a
device is connected to the TV card, such as video recorder, then there
is no tuning to be performed and the video group is selected as a
negative number that is turned positive and used as the index into the
TV_VIDEO_GROUPS list. I know this is a poor way to do this.

The code does look incorrect so it should be fixed.

Duncan