This is mainly for Duncan but I thought I would send it to the list in
case any one else was about to start on any of these issues.

I've just updated to Ubuntu 9.04 RC and run into the qp_xml issue again,
so I've fixed it by writing a little sax parser that generates XMLnode
objects, seems to be working v nicely and no more dependencies on
xml.utils.qp_xml.

Freevo shutdown - couple of issues fixed here.
First plugin.shutdown() was calling shutdown multiple times for some plugins.
Second plugins.shutdown.shutdown() used os.system() to run the freevo
script to stop freevo. This caused a problem as it seems to keep hold of
the main Python C interpreter lock and prevents receiving the signals
until it returns, which it never does as it gets killed. I've changed this
to use os.spawn instead.

Finally a rather large (in number of files) change to the rc.app()
interface. I've been trying to use the new skinable dialogs in more places
and run into problem with the event context being changed when a dialog
was opened. As a result I've changed the event context/focused app system
to use a stacking system, this has actually simplified the code quite a
bit and removed a large amount of unnecessary calls to rc.app(None).

Anyway I'll try and generate some nice clean patches for these changes and
upload them to the tracker hopefully tonight but may be sometime over the
weekend.

Cheers

Adam